I was recently hired by someone to clean their home naturally, and I had the pleasure of cleaning one VERY yucky tub & shower! I can’t even tell you how a shower would have so much black and brown grime growing in it.. but I CAN tell you that this cleaning formula worked MAGIC in that bathroom!! It’s stronger than soft scrub, and made using only TWO ingredients that are so natural you could eat them. But I don’t recommend it…
This is my go-to formula for soap scum, mold, limescale, toilet bowls, and many other REALLY tough jobs in the kitchen and bathroom.
- baking soda
- castile soap – I use Dr. Bronners and I LOVE the lavender scent, but any castile soap will work.
- bowl & sponge
- In a small mixing bowl pour in about 2 tablespoons of baking soda, give or take.
- Next, mix in enough castile soap to form a paste. This is not a science so just make it thick like the consistency of luscious icing.
- If it’s too thick, add more soap. Too runny? Add more baking soda.
- When you have it a nice consistency, simply scoop a dollop of it with your sponge and start scrubbing!
To scrub this shower, I used a homemade cotton scrubbie sponge and it worked fabulously. Of course, it does take a little elbow grease so you get a free workout and in the end you will rejoice in the success of a fantastically clean shower!!
This article was originally featured at www.ecoetsy.com, a community of eco-friendly artists and homesteaders who inspire and motivate the masses with their totally useful blog posts & handmade crafts!I linked up to Creative HomeAcre Hop & Party Wave Wednesday @ Holisticsquid.com, Your Green Resource, Natural Living Link-Up, Thank Your Body Thursday